Use this guide to learn how to easily upload your medical records and imaging! This will help you book a consultation quickly and provide your expert with sufficient time to review your case.
The Best In Class MD platform provides you with two separate sections for uploading your documents.
The first section is specifically for medical records.
- Written notes from your provider and/or care team about your diagnosis and suggested treatment plan(s)
- Radiology reports interpreting medical images
- Any pictures you have taken of the affected area
- Acceptable formats include PDF, Word (.doc, docx), .txt, and Image Files (.jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif)
The second is specifically for medical imaging.
- X-rays, MRI’s, MRA’s, CT Scans, PET scans, bone scans, etc.
- The most common method of receiving medical imaging is on a disk, which can be inserted into your computer.
- If your computer does not have the capabilities to view a CD, many radiology facilities are able to send the files electronically to your email upon request. Alternatively, an “External CD Drive USB” adapter can be used.
- Acceptable formats include .dcm, .dicom, as well as files with no extension. Example: An image taken from an MRI sequence titled “Image 001” may be displayed as “IM001,” “001.dcm,” or “001.dicom”
Note: If you attempt to upload images into the Medical Records section or documents into the Medical Imaging section, our platform will automatically block the upload. Be sure that you are uploading the correct type of files into the correct section.
BICMD's 6 Step Guide
For Medical Record Reviews and Comprehensive Consultations, you MUST upload files for at least one section (medical records and/or medical imaging). For the most effective consultation, we suggest that you upload both.
In the Medical Records Upload section, please upload any written documentation from your provider or information you would like your expert to review (examples and acceptable files above). Download or scan the documents onto your computer. You can either select “Browse files” on your BICMD portal and select these documents from your computer, or you can drag and drop the documents to the upload area. If you do not have medical records, select “skip,” and continue to Medical Imaging.
For Medical Imaging, insert the disk into your computer, or open the files that were sent to you electronically to explore the folders.
Look for folder(s) called “DICOM,” “DICOMDIR,” “IMAGES,” or similar. These folders will contain subfolders and the imaging in a series. Please note that medical images can be hundreds of sequential individual files.
- Note: YOU WILL LIKELY NOT BE ABLE TO VIEW THESE FILES ON YOUR OWN COMPUTER because you do not have the required software. However, by uploading them to your patient portal, your expert will be able to view your imaging within the BICMD platform.
Select the files to upload. Our recommendation is to drag and drop the entire disk to the medical imaging upload area, and we will filter the correct files for you. Reminder, please make sure you are uploading these in the “Medical Imaging” section, as they will not upload in the “Medical Records” section.
Select “Upload files.” Your files will start to upload. Please be patient as the speed of this upload depends on your internet connection and the file sizes of your images.
If you’re booking a Medical Record Review, simply proceed to the payment step and confirm your consultation. If you’ve booked a Comprehensive Consultation, select “Submit files” and you’re all set!